Aloe vera the magical wand
If you are beauty geek or have habits of caring your skin, hair too much then you are totally aware of this magic wand aloe vera. Today I am going to explain everything about aloe vera that you might don’t hear yet.
Aloe vera is getting popular day by day worldwide in the food item, health supplements, cosmetics products and food supplement.
If we go in the history then
As per Indian journal of dermatology published on NCBI website The Aloe vera plant has been known and used for centuries for its health, beauty, medicinal and skin care properties. The name Aloe vera derives from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “shining bitter substance,” while “vera” in Latin means “true.” 2000 years ago, the Greek scientists regarded Aloe vera as the universal panacea. The Egyptians called Aloe “the plant of immortality.” Today, the Aloe vera plant has been used for various purposes in dermatology.
Active components in aloe vera
• In terms of vitamins, Aloe vera contains Vitamin B12, antioxidants vitamins A, C, E.
• In addition to vitamins, it contains folic acid(healthy for hairs and skin) and choline.
• It contains 8 important enzymes( component helps in digestion by breaking fat and sugar)
• In terms of minerals, it contains calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc.
• It contains 12 anthraquinones which act as antibacterial and antiviral
• In terms of fatty acid, it contains 4 fatty acid which works as antiseptic
• In terms of hormones, it contains two hormones Auxins and gibberellins which play role in wound healing and anti-inflammatory action
• In addition to all above it contains salicylic acid(act as anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties), Lignin( enhances the penetrative effect of the other ingredients into the skin), Saponins(the soapy substance that has antibacterial and antiseptic properties).
Now you already got aware of its components now I ‘ll discuss the benefit of aloe vera.
Benefits of aloe vera
• As per research aloe vera is better than commercial toothpaste in term of the cavity and bacterial killing properties.
• Antioxidant in nature that kills free radicals of our body.
• It is great moisturizer,cleanser, bacteria killer and wound healer.
• It has proteolytic enzymes which repair dead cells of the scalp and also nourishes hair and provide great smoothness and shine to hairs.
• As per Phytotherapy Research aloe vera showed great protection against harmful UV rays.
• As per research was done on mice it shows the reduction of depression and improvement of memory, so concluded human might get the same benefit.
Side effects of aloe vera
There is good and bad in everything you ever heard of. So there are lots of benefits of aloe vera but there are some side effects of it too. As per the Indian journal of dermatology
• It may do not suit every human and cause an allergic reaction to some humans. You can check whether it is suiting you or not by applying in a small area.
• It is advisable for a pregnant lady not to consume it as it causes uterine contractions or breastfeeding mother as it creates a gas issue In their baby.
• Prolonged Consuming can cause colorectal cancer or also low potassium level.
How to use it
• For skin and hair if it is possible to apply it directly from leaf or you can buy aloe vera gel from here.
• For consuming there are a lot of aloe vera juices present in the market. You can buy here also.
Thank you for reading