Complex carbohydrates : Intro
Hey guys, hope you are doing well, this is the second article on macro-nutrients series, if you didn’t read the earlier article till yet click here to read.
Now, this is the 2nd article in which I ‘ll discuss complex carbohydrate. Before going further I am going to explain in brief how we get energy, when we eat food it is converted into glucose which provides energy to our body and unused glucose can store as fat in our body.
Difference between simple carbs and complex carbs
The main difference is in their chemical bonding, the simple carbs have simple bonding and breaks easily in our body and converted into fat faster, while complex carbs are bonded by complex chain and body take so much time in breaking it so provide consistent energy for longer time, so there are fewer chances that it converts into fat.
COMPLEX CARBS (Good carbs )
Complex carbs are carbs enriched with fibers, vitamins, minerals. There are mainly two types of complex carbohydrates one is starch and another is fibers. But if we compare two then fibers are superior over starches.
Benefits of complex carbs
• They are slow digesting carbs so provide constant energy to our body for the longer duration of time
• Our brain needs much more energy than our whole body, so it is necessary to provide constant energy to our brain to perform day to day life works and this thing is done by complex carbs. They provide energy to the brain even if we are sleeping.
• Complex carbs are good for our digestive system as it slow digesting and don’t put extra load on our digestive system
• Complex carbs contain sleep-regulating hormones like tryptophan and melatonin.
• Complex carbs control blood sugar level and irregular insulin spikes which prevents us from diabetes
• Complex carbs have stress releasing property as it balances the nervous system
• It is so healthy as compared to simple carbohydrates.
Foods having complex carbs or good carbs
Dairy products – dairy products like skim milk or low-fat milk, low-fat panner, low-fat yogurt are the great source of complex carbohydrates.
Whole grain – whole grains like whole wheat, oats, muesli,brown rice, barley are the great source of complex carbs with lots of minerals and vitamins in it.
Vegetables and fruit – fruit like apples,strawberries, and vegetable like asparagus, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes are the great sources of complex carbs.
Legumes – chickpeas, kidney beans,lentils etc are the great source of food you can include in your diet for complex carbs.
If you want us to provide you with a diet with complex carbs you can click here.
There are lots and lots of benefits of complex carbohydrates. If you are eating no complex carbs or very low quantity complex carbs then my dear friend your health is in danger.
Carbohydrates are the cheapest macro nutrient out of 3, but unfortunately, due to low Awareness among people about the difference in simple and complex carbs, people usually consume simple carbs and get energy from it. But it is very dangerous for your body in long run.
So my dear if you eating the good amount of good carbs then its great but if you are not then its time to change. Change your eating habits to change your life.
Thank you for reading. Have a nice time ahead.