Soy protein: Intro
Hey guys, hope you are doing well and getting all happiness in your life. This is another part of macros series. In this series, I already discussed simple carbs, complex carbs, protein benefits .and casein protein and whey protein. If you have not read it yet then make sure you read it.
In this article, I am going to talk about most discussable and debatable protein that is soy protein.
Yeah, you heard it right, it’s soy protein, everything about soy protein.
What is soy protein?
Soy protein is a plant-based complete protein, It is only complete protein in terms of plant-based. It is becoming famous after 2007.
Soy protein is good or bad
It is debatable topics, lots of researches has been done and still, lots of researches are going on this topic. I will tell you the benefits and shortcomings of soy then you have to decide whether it is good or bad.
Let’s talk about its benefit and nutrients of soy protein
• Soy protein is a complete source of plant-based which means it contains all amino acids that body can’t able to make so helps in muscles building.
• Soy contains minerals like Manganese, Selenium, Copper, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron, Calcium in the large amount
• Soy contains vitamins like vitamin b6, vitamin b2, vitamin b1, vitamin k
• Soy contains the high amount of polyunsaturated fatty acid, I will discuss fats and fatty acid in the upcoming article.But for now, just know it is healthy fat.
Now comes to danger effect of soy
DISADVANTAGE OF EATING SOY
• Soy contains phytoestrogens( if I break it then pytho means plant and estrogen is a female sex hormone responsible for sexual and reproductive function and also found in male but in very less quantity) called isoflavones, which may activate estrogen receptor of male body which can cause man boobs, increase of female character in male,but kindly note this will happen if soy consume in larger quantity more than 200 gram for longer period of time. And if you close the supply of soy sooner or later everything will become okay.
• Soy contains phytates, which soy used to defend itself and act as a defensive agent of soy but this is not a good sign for human as this component block minerals absorbent by the body and due to this any minerals you will eat body won’t able to absorb it.
• Soy is not easily digestible body could not able to digest it so can make a chubby layer. Even this used earlier for pig. People used to feed pig by soy so that they look more fluffy and they can sell their meat at higher prices.
• Soy isoflavones are not only dangerous for the male but also for females as it increases the multiplication of female hormone cells which may increase the risk of breast cancer, but this is not proven a fact.
How much soy you can consume?
If you are thinking you are not eating any soy, then you are wrong. Directly or indirectly soy is present in everything like cooking oil, vegetables and many more. So you can take up to 25 gram of protein using soy.That’s enough.
Thank you for reading.Have a good time.